[drupal-devel] [bug] Allow both postgres and mysql database connections from within the same site.

adrian drupal-devel at drupal.org
Sun Mar 27 04:17:58 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    database system
 Category:     bug reports

When I originally coded the multiple database support I noted the caveat
that only one database type was useable at a time due to the conflicting
function names, so including both database.pgsql.inc and
database.mysql.inc would cause a crash.
This was also brought up again when someone reopened the multi-db
functionality issue, and I am attaching the patch here.
I would love for this patch to get into 4.6 if possible. I don't
believe it's very invasive, and it fixes a long standing bug in the db
api. I have been using some form of this patch on Bryght for the last
3-4 months, and have not found any ill effects related to it.
I also clarified the db_set_active() comments a bit after I saw this
issue (http://drupal.org/node/13115).

adrian