[drupal-devel] [bug] Search: no results when term begins with space

TDobes drupal-devel at drupal.org
Sun Mar 27 12:00:01 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    search.module
 Category:     bug reports

I cannot reproduce this problem with the 4.6 search.module.  I get the
same search results regardless of how many spaces I prefix/postfix onto
search terms.

TDobes

Previous comments:

March 28, 2004 - 13:46 : mikis

I'm using Drupal 4.4.0-RC, and I saw this in the log file:
when user enters search term with space in front, ie. ' something',
search returns 0 results (even if there are more results for term
'something'). One trim()/ltrim() in search module should fix this.
Also, equal sign (=) should be added to "Remove punctuation and stuff"
list, to be stripped from words to be indexed; right now I have
keywords like '==================' in database.

October 9, 2004 - 01:30 : erikhopp

it seems that one space plus search term yields results, but not two or
more spaces.
is there some way to strip all spaces at the begining of a search?