[drupal-devel] [bug] system/test causes various problems on various hosts

Junyor drupal-devel at drupal.org
Sun Mar 27 19:15:51 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    system.module
 Category:     bug reports

This also solves http://drupal.org/node/19181.

Junyor

Previous comments:

March 27, 2005 - 00:54 : chx

4.6 is only RC yet but I already got support requests on #drupal-support
and at various Hungarian places about "admin/settings not displayed".
Apparently, opening sockets is not a clean business. It has various
problems in BSD jails, Windows boxes and who knows where else.
I pray on my knees -- do not release 4.6 with the current test in
admin/settings. It will be a support nightmare.
My patch tries to load a random named gif which is of course a Drupal
page which sets clean_url_ok to 1 and prints the 42 bytes required for
a 1x1 GIF. Because it is random named, it is impossible that the
information "no such information" gets cached in a stupid proxy or
browser.
When AJAX hits the core, we will be able to check whether the request
is OK or not. For now, we can only check after submit.

March 27, 2005 - 01:39 : crunchywelch

Yeah, just had this same issue with a client on a shared host. Prolly
outbound port 80 requests or thier dns system is wonky. Nevertheless,
the settings page is accessible, just throws an error at the top of the
page.

March 27, 2005 - 20:12 : Junyor

+1 for the functionality.  With the image as it is, there's a large
empty space above the Clean URLs section.  I'm attaching a patch that
moves the image below that section and reduces the size to 1px by 1px.
I'm not entirely happy with the inline styles on the image.  They should
probably be moved to drupal.css.