[drupal-devel] [bug] Delete confirmation place em tags in page title

TDobes drupal-devel at drupal.org
Sun Mar 27 20:32:20 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    base system
 Category:     bug reports

The new delete confirmation messages place surround the name of the item
to be deleted in <em> tags, as is the standard within Drupal.  The
problem is that this message is displayed via. drupal_set_title.  This
means that the message appears not only as text within the page, but
also in the browser titlebar (in the title tags in the head section),
where the em tags are not allowed.  Therefore, the end user sees those
tags.
Because of the way Drupal themes work, I don't think there is a way to
put something different in the title rendered on the page from what's
in the titlebar title (at least, not without a modification to every
theme).  I also don't recommend removing the name from em tags, as that
would be inconsistent with the rest of Drupal.  Therefore, I suggest
that we stop using drupal_set_title to output the name of the item to
be deleted.
Thoughts, anyone?

TDobes