[drupal-devel] [bug] Create forum topic not inserting in forum

joe drupal-devel at drupal.org
Mon Mar 28 00:41:52 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    forum.module
 Category:     bug reports

This is a problem I've been trying to figure out for a while, but have
gotten almost nowhere.  For starters, I am using PostgreSQL in case
that is an issue.  In any case, when I create a forum topic using the
link in that forum, the tid is not recorded when the topic is created.
Thus, the topic is created with a tid of 0 and doesn't appear in any
forum.  I fixed this issue by adding the following code to the top of
the "forum_validate" function.
if (!$node->nid) {
    // new topic
    $node->taxonomy[] = arg(3);
  }
  else {
    $node->taxonomy = array($node->tid);
  }
This takes care of adding topics to forums using the link on the forum
page.  It is just a little hack for now and is not meant to fix the
core issue.
Unfortunately, the taxonomy selector is still not shown and if the user
selects "forum topic" from the "create content" menu, they may create a
forum topic that isn't in a forum.  This may stem from a PostgreSQL
issue with the taxonomy module.  This seems to be an issue with any
module that deals with it's own "private" taxonomy, as in the forum
module and the new image module.

joe at www.joepilot.net