[drupal-devel] [bug] Strange message when creating multiple custom menus

TDobes drupal-devel at drupal.org
Mon Mar 28 10:19:14 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      4.5.0
 Component:    menu system
 Category:     bug reports

I can't seem to reproduce this, and I've used a wide variety of the
contributed phptemplate themes... I can't imagine how that could have
caused it anyway.  Can you reproduce the error with an unmodified
contrib and/or core theme? (and the unmodified phptemplate engine)

TDobes

Previous comments:

November 15, 2004 - 16:30 : potion

When I go to ?q=admin/menu there's a link there that says "list."
Presumably when I click on that link it's supposed to list my menus,
but it doesn't.  In fact, my URL doesn't change when I click "list" --
I'm still at ?q=admin/menu.
By contrast, when I click on "add menu", "add menu item" or "reset
menus" I go to a different URL.  So I theorize that the hyperlink for
"list" is somehow broken, and I'm wondering what URL I need to visit to
see a list of my menus so I can edit them.
I'm also noticing some very bad behavior when I click "add menu" --
presumably that interface is for adding a menu and not a menu item.
But when I add a menu there called "new menu3" the next screen I see
says...
    * Created new menu item new menu3.
    * Since a menu item PoetryOnWalls.com already exists for , this new
menu item was created as a shortcut to that location.
That makes no sense, since PoetryOnWalls.com isn't a menu item, it's a
menu, and something is missing after "for".  Meanwhile,
PoetryOnWalls.com does indeed appear among my blocks and can be
activated and displayed, but there's no way to add items to it since I
can't list/edit menus.
Has anyone else seen this behavior in 4.5?

November 16, 2004 - 08:11 : Anonymous

There are two bug reports here. The first is "by design":
"When I go to ?q=admin/menu there's a link there that says "list."
Presumably when I click on that link it's supposed to list my menus,
but it doesn't. In fact, my URL doesn't change when I click "list" --
I'm still at ?q=admin/menu."
This is because "list" is the default tab, and you're already there.
The page should be displaying a list of menu items already. This is how
the tabs behave everywhere.
As for the strange message when you add a new menu, that might be a
legitimate bug. Retitling the issue to reflect the problem.

November 16, 2004 - 13:30 : Anonymous

Could you please provide concrete steps on how to reproduce this bug
after clicking "Reset" on the "Reset Menus" tab?

November 17, 2004 - 21:08 : potion

this is only a problem for me when I'm using phptemplate.
I switched to chameleon and now menus are listed -- no problemo.
I went ahead and reset my menus, though, to see if that would help
matters in phptemplate.  There aren't really any steps to list to
recreate the bug -- I just click on the menus link in the admin menu
and none are listed.
but they're there in chameleon.
trying to think if I could have done anything to the code that could
have caused this... no, I don't think so, I've really only messed with
the css and the design templates -- node.tpl.php, block.tpl.php, etc.
Nothing that should affect the admin system.