[drupal-devel] [bug] Getting a "gd2" error when I save settings

stefan nagtegaal drupal-devel at drupal.org
Mon Mar 28 19:14:10 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    base system
 Category:     bug reports

Well - maybe it is just me - but isn't it the other way around? Isn't
'/gd2/' the only good name for that? It is GD2-based code, so code-wise
gd2 would be better..

stefan nagtegaal

Previous comments:

March 27, 2005 - 02:58 : nysus

I compiled my version of PHP with the --with-gd option on.  I do not
have the image.module installed.  I get the following error in my
watchdog logs:
details

 Typephp DateSaturday, March 26, 2005 - 20:56 Usertest [1]
Location/admin/settings [2] MessageThe selected image handling toolkit
'/gd2/' can not correctly process '/image_gd2_settings/'. Severityerror
Hostname192.168.1.6
[1] http://drupal.org/user/1\" title=\"View user profile.
[2] http://drupal.org//admin/settings

March 27, 2005 - 13:53 : stefan nagtegaal

I can veriy that this is the case.. Not sure how to fix though..
Another side effect of this is that we can't upload any files, is this
only my install or do other people can duplicate the problem?

March 27, 2005 - 16:14 : wiz

Same problem here, I do have gd2 installed.  There seems to be a
confusion between 'gd' and 'gd2' in image.inc. After applying the patch
it works for me again: the built in functions are called image_gd_xxxx,
but because of this one line sometimes image_gd2_xxx functions are
looked for.

March 27, 2005 - 16:17 : wiz

I'm pretty sure this fix is ok...

March 27, 2005 - 16:21 : nysus

I'm not sure if that patch is the right way to go.  I looked into this
and traced the problem back to lines 34 and 35 in the
/includes/image.inc/ file. These lines set the $toolkit_file variable
to /includes/image.gd2.inc/ and then checks for its existence.  That
file does not exist, however.
Perhaps it does not exist because it is still being written?  Can we
get someone working on the image module to comment on this?

March 27, 2005 - 16:26 : nysus

wiz, disregard my comment.  I was confused about your patch.  I thought
it was patching the system.module.

March 28, 2005 - 04:05 : walkah

hrm. looks like a stray 'gd2' slipped in... this patch is good and
should fix.
+1 to commit.