schema definition [was: Re: [drupal-devel] hi, etc]

Moshe Weitzman weitzman at tejasa.com
Tue Mar 29 22:11:45 UTC 2005

Daniel - do you know much about the MDB2 XML Schema?. Would it be easy
to use that in our project?

One of the more painful items around here is maintaining schemas for
postgres and mysql. if we add more, the burden will be bad. this is one
reason why mssql support faded away.

for those who don't know, MDB2 is a PEAR project which defined a
database independant way to define tables, indexes, etc. see
http://www.backendmedia.de/MDB2/docs/xml_schema_documentation.html

-moshe