[drupal-devel] Is anybody doing any major work on subscriptions module?

Robert Castelo services at cortexttranslation.com
Tue Mar 29 23:42:59 UTC 2005

On 29 Mar 2005, at 22:46, Robert Douglass wrote:
> I began rewriting the subscriptions module a bit today and wanted to
> check here if anyone else was also working on it? It would be a shame
> to  double our efforts.

Hi Robert,
good to meet you in Antwerp, hope you enjoyed the photos I sent to
NowPublic.

I've been working on an email newsletter module for a couple of months,
which packages content from a site and sends it out as an email to
subscribers.

It's at an almost-alpha stage right now, with all features working, but
requiring more testing, optimisation and UI improvements.

I'm wondering how much overlap there will be with the subscriptions
module as you have updated it...

Perhaps some of the functions of my module could be made more general
and hooks provided to other modules.

There's a feature list of the module here:

http://www.cortextcommunications.com/development/newsletter/features

and a development forum here:

http://www.cortextcommunications.com/forum/47

Download here:

http://cvs.drupal.org/viewcvs/contributions/sandbox/megagrunt/modules/
enewsletter/

I'm tied up with work for a couple of days, so won't have a chance to
install and try out your updated subscriptions module until the
weekend, but I'm looking forward to it.

Best regards,

Robert Castelo
[MegaGrunt]