[drupal-devel] Re: schema definition

Moshe Weitzman weitzman at tejasa.com
Wed Mar 30 14:14:30 UTC 2005

>>Daniel - do you know much about the MDB2 XML Schema?. Would it be easy
>>to use that in our project?
>

> Yes.  I'm somewhat involved with MDB2 development.  I was going to suggest
> it, but people mentioned not wanting to rely on external packages.

I think what we want to minimize are dependencies. We don't mind
bundling other people's code when it makes sense. See xmlrpc.inc and
phptemplate engine for examples.

Is MDB2 engineered to let other projects use its schema parser/writer?
If so, we would consider using it. If the schema stuff requires the rest
of PEAR, then we would be unlikely to use it. Aslo, how close are you to
offerring support for more RDBMS? Right now the only 2 that are
supported are the ones we already have.

-moshe