[drupal-devel] Question on taxonomy_form() function -- SOLVED

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Thu Mar 31 16:33:36 UTC 2005

>  * the $tid_array whose subscript is 'tags'. This causes the subarray placed
>  * by the free-tag patch to taxonomy.module to work correctly across previews.
>  * Note that $tid_array['tags'] is a single-element sub-array containing one
>  * string element with the free-form tags.

Not necessarily one. 'tags' is an array of vid keys, so that you could
have multiple "Free tagging" vocabularies for one node. If you had "Free
tagging 1" (vid 3) and "Free tagging 2" (vid 17) applied to "node", then
there would be two input boxes in the UI, and a submitted 'tags' would
contain the following:

  [tags] [3] => 'tags, applied, to, free tagging 1',
  [tags] [17] => 'tags, applied, to, free tagging 2'

With that said, since your code doesn't touch 'tags' at all, things will
work as (I've) intended; the only thing to "fix" is your documentation.

> This might be a useful function (if renamed) to include in taxonomy.module

Looks good. I'm not entirely sure I like the dependency on _image though,
but I'm sure we could make that a (non-)private function in taxonomy too.

Good stuff!

--
Morbus Iff ( you are nothing without your robot car, NOTHING! )
Spidering Hacks: http://amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0596005776/disobeycom