[drupal-devel] some drupal stats

K B kbahey at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 21:54:18 UTC 2005

Dries,

Let me be among the first to respond to this.

I personally do not mind it, if it makes money for the Drupal
Foundation non-profit organization (you are registering it soon,
right? :-), AND that it is ethically acceptable.

By ethically acceptable, I mean that it is completely disclosed to all
developers and users of Drupal, and that it is not mandatory (users
can disable it if they want). No sneaky business like the .css trick
used by Wordpress, or a link farm, ...etc.

I am not sure what they exactly mean by "integrate AdSense support
into Drupal". Do they just want us to make the Drupal default page for
the admin to has a link to signup for Adsense? A standard block for
Adsense?

As long as it is fully disclosed and can be disabled, I do not see
anything wrong with a voluntary referral program, since this is
effectively what it is.

On the other hand, look at this from another angle: Google sees Drupal
as important. I have no idea if they made that offer to other blogging
software as well or not, but that makes me feel good to be part of the
Drupal community.

---