[drupal-devel] interest match

Gudmund Vatn gudmund.vatn at gmail.com
Sun May 1 21:40:13 UTC 2005

Hi all. Hopefully I won't be bothering anyone with this post (I figure you
might want this in forum, but I figure the feedback wouldn't be
overwhelming).

I'm almost finished creating an interest match module (current source
available for limited time [1]) and wonder if or how it could be useful, and
hope to be able to contribute it. It currently works something like this:

The administrator create and manage subject fields which the users may rate
their interest in. The users may after they have rated their interest in the
available subjects find users with similar interests. The search is
currently done through a single query looking up all subject fields the
current user has rated his/her interest in, finds all other ratings of those
subjects, groups the difference by SUM(ABS(rating - currentuser_rating)) as
matchvalue by user and orders by matchvalue.

Example______