[drupal-devel] phptemplate in core?

Stefan Nagtegaal Drupal-Devel at iStyledThis.nl
Mon May 2 08:54:53 UTC 2005

While I _do_ have too agree that FriendsElectric is indeed a very,
very good theme I don't think it is very easy to customize.
There is a lot of PHP-code inside the template.php file which is
there to insert more divs using regular expressions. But I think
it'll reflect what is currently possible using drupals theming engine
and themes..

So, afterall I would like to +1 for having FriendsElectric in core..
And i would like to rid of all the other themes... :-)

Stefan.

Op 2-mei-2005, om 3:29 heeft Jeremy Epstein het volgende geschreven:

> The (PHPTemplate-based) theme that I would like to see in core more
> than any other is FriendsElectric.
>
> This is the only Drupal theme, that I know of, that uses a tableless
> CSS layout, and that fully validates as XHTML. All of the themes
> currently in core use a table-based layout, and I don't think that
> this helps at all, if we're trying to give Drupal an image of being a
> modern and standards-compliant web platform.
>
> FriendsElectric also looks really good - better than most of the
> current core themes, IMO. It does use a 'bazillion' of small images to
> do this, but they're all part of the CSS, rather than the XHTML, so
> this is not a huge problem.
>
> Jaza.
>
> On 5/2/05, Dries Buytaert <dries at buytaert.net> wrote:
>

>> - What PHPTemplate-based theme should we ship with core?  Should we
>> port either Bluemarine or Pushbutton to PHPTemplate or should we go
>> with fresh themes?  My requirements for such theme would be:
>>    1. The theme must validate as XHTML.
>>    2. The theme's CSS classes/IDs must comply Drupal's naming
>> conventions.
>>    3. The theme should work on all browsers without hacks.
>>    4. The theme should be simple and easy to customize.  No themes
>> with
>> a bazillion of small images that no one will ever change.
>>
>> --
>> Dries Buytaert  ::  http://www.buytaert.net/

---
Stefan Nagtegaal