[drupal-devel] phptemplate in core?

Matt Westgate matt at asitis.org
Mon May 2 19:09:19 UTC 2005

On Monday 02 May 2005 01:29 pm, K B wrote:
> Will this MOTF module allow adding links to non node pages. For
> example, I want the menu to have "Home | Search | Sitemap | Contact"
>
> Home is a link to the home page, the other 3 are basically module
> generated pages, and one cannot use MOTF for it.
>
> Please keep this in mind for the new theme system, so people can add
> anything, not just nodes to the menus.

Yep. I wasn't dealing with external URLs or module paths at the moment.  I was
just following up on Robert's statement that primary and secondary links
should be integrated into Drupal's menu system (which can handle external
URLs and module paths), and if we went that route, part of the way to make
the menu system more accessible is by integrating it into the node creation
form.

The menu_otf module is a proof of concept for functionality I'd like to see
the Drupal core have.

Matt