[drupal-devel] Question on use of theme_pager() and related functions

Scott Courtney scott at 4th.com
Tue May 3 03:36:20 UTC 2005

On Monday 02 May 2005 22:56, Earl Dunovant wrote:
> The function creates its own query to count records by rewriting
> yours. Usually that's fine but there are cases where it's not
> accurate. When that happens there's a third parameter you can pass
> that will be a query that returns the number of records you're dealing
> with.

How does it even know my query, though? I'm looking at the documentation
here: http://drupaldocs.org/api/4.6/function/theme_pager
and I don't even see that the query is known to the function. I'm using
the function pager_query() to actually execute my query. I looked at the
released version of node.module, and tried to do things the same way. But
I've overlooked something, clearly.

Thanks for your reply, and I'm sorry if I'm being dense. I've not used this
set of functions before.

Scott