[drupal-devel] PHPTemplate hits core ... finally

Gordon Heydon gordon at heydon.com.au
Thu May 5 00:01:20 UTC 2005

Hello,

Svn suffers from other issues, and AFAIK the it will not allow commits to
other from one person to be applied by another.

So in the situation of drupal where we have a few lieutenants that commit
patches to core, the commits are marked as coming from them, and not the
original person.

If you take a distributed source management system like bitkeeper, arch,
bazaar, git and others you can have the lieutenants commit the patch to the
core, by getting the change set from the original developer's repository or
via other means and the history, comments and user data is retained.

Gordon.