[drupal-devel] Community density

puregin puregin at puregin.org
Fri May 6 18:29:21 UTC 2005

Hi - very interesting analysis!

Another form of contribution is via the mailing
lists - it might be interesting to look at posting
distribution there, too.

Another point -    I realize that Karoly wasn't
trying deprecate the role of non-posters in
the community, but it's probably worth emphasizing
that the 'tail' of this distribution is an important
part of this 'user-community', namely the users.

     Perhaps we should think about ways to
encourage the silent majority to contribute
useful input?

     I'm also thinking that we humans spend
much of our lives 'consuming' before we
start 'producing', and this is a typical
behaviour when we are introduced to
new contexts.  Lurking before posting
is generally recommended etiquette.

     So, it might be interesting to look at the
distribution of 'lurking while waiting to post'
times - the time between signing up and
making the first posting.    This might help
us to get a sense for the future growth
of the community.

    Nice work!

    Djun