[drupal-devel] PHPTemplate hits core ... finally

K B kbahey at gmail.com
Fri May 6 20:56:25 UTC 2005

On 5/6/05, Matthew Hildebrand <drupal.org at gosherm.org> wrote:
> Some of the developers at the company that I work at swear by Perforce,
> which is available for free to open source projects.

While this is a good thing, you cannot guarantee this will continue.

Anyone following the Linux kernel is familiar with the Bitkeeper
fiasco. Basically, Bitkeeper provided a free thing for Linus and other
kernel developers, but eventually, they backed off this deal for
various reasons.

The end result is that kernel development is switching to GIT.

You can read on this at kerneltrap.org and slashdot.org.