[drupal-devel] Before I patch: is there an existing /[cat]/[user] solution?

Matt England mengland at mengland.net
Sat May 7 20:06:44 UTC 2005

Hello,

I am trying to auth-generate URL alias paths in the form of
/blogname/category or /category/blogname (or in pathauto speak:
/[user]/[cat] or /[cat]/[user]).

I have posted numerous questions about this in several places.  Jeremy of
GreenAsh recommended I try using taxonomy_browser in combo with pathauto
for this (see http://drupal.org/node/21320#comment-36674 ), but I as of yet
have really no clue as to how to use taxonomy_browser to do anything...and
have yet to find what I found to be a useful taxonomy_browser doc reference.

Before I try my own patch for this, I ask:  can anyone think of way I can
get things to work with existing 4.6.0 tools/resources so that I don't have
to go code something myself?  I am willing to pay $30 US dollars via
paypal.com (or some other convenience mechanism) to anyone who can help me
accomplish this task.

More details can be found here:

>http://drupal.org/node/21832
>http://drupal.org/node/21320
>http://drupal.org/node/21320#comment-37449

As well as in the included email found below.

I have already created one patch ( http://drupal.org/node/21885 ) for
another problem ( http://drupal.org/node/21712 ), and I'm hoping I can do
something similar for this problem (described in more detail below).

Thanks very very much in advance for any help,
-Matt
Chicago, IL  USA
mobile: 312-543-9916