[drupal-devel] Before I patch: is there an existing /[cat]/[user] solution?

Matt England mengland at mengland.net
Sat May 7 20:32:04 UTC 2005

>I'd be happy to implement this and I was never against some money for my work.

Excellent.  I would be happy to pay the $30 US.  I can also pay less then
that (say $15) for a "partial" solution.  The only thing "partial" that
could be acceptable right now I can think of is if the solution were not
automated (ie, if I were required to manually create a /category/blogname
alias every time a new blog-author or category is created.)

I should probably clarify:  it needs to meet my specific requirements of
/category/blogname (that displays all blog posts from a specific
blogname-user-author and also has the state category) as described below;
/blogname/category also works.  This seems to be different from
http://drupal.org/node/22183, but more on that below.

I'm also open to any tutorials on taxonomy_browser, for Jeremy at least
believes I might be able to leverage it's capabilities; I'm still lost on
how to get any benefit out of taxonomy_browser.

Anyone is also welcome to call, IM, or email me directly for further
discussions and/or clarifications.

IM: menglandcleversafe at yahoo.com
mobile: +1-312-543-9916

At 5/7/2005 03:19 PM, Karoly Negyesi wrote:
> > More details can be found here:
> > >http://drupal.org/node/21832
> > >http://drupal.org/node/21320
> > >http://drupal.org/node/21320#comment-37449
>
>And what about
>
>http://drupal.org/node/22183 ?

For what it's worth, I'm only using Drupal initially for multi-user blog
support  (more business purpose here: http://drupal.org/node/21320 ), and
http://drupal.org/node/22183 does not appear (at first glance, anyway) to
give me anything more then what I can already get with the blog and
pathauto modules (I already have /blogs/[user] running quite nicely).

My impression is that http://drupal.org/node/22183 provides user-filtering
support for ALL kinds of nodes (and not just blogs), and that may or may
not be helpful for me in the future if use Drupal for more then
blogging.  As of right now, I don't seem to need that capability.  Maybe
I'm misunderstaning the intent of http://drupal.org/node/22183 ?

-Matt