[drupal-devel] Cleaner Directory structure

Syscrusher scott at 4th.com
Sun May 8 19:31:46 UTC 2005

On Sunday 08 May 2005 09:42, Adrian Rossouw wrote:
> Also, the name drupal-local is bleh. I recommend local.

For what it's worth -- and "what it's worth" may == "nothing" -- that is
the directory name that was used in another content manager that I co-wrote
several years ago (and later abandoned when I discovered one that did it
"the right way", namely Drupal!).

The reason I mention this is that "local" was an intuitive-enough name that
at least one other project came up with it independently as "the right place
to store CMS config files local to the site that shouldn't get overwritten
during updates".

"local" also has precedent as a directory path component in the *NIX filesystem
for files with semantics similar to the above.

Scott