[drupal-devel] Before I patch: is there an existing /[cat]/[user] solution?

Jeremy Epstein jazepstein at gmail.com
Mon May 9 02:59:09 UTC 2005

Since recommending taxonomy_browser as a possible solution, I've had a
look at this module in greater detail, to see if it really can be
leveraged to do what you want.

The latest version of taxonomy_browser (4.6 branch - I don't guarantee
that earlier versions have any of this functionality) lets you search
for nodes that fall in certain categories, and that are of certain
types. The results pages have URLs as follows:

Say that I searched for all blog posts in category 5, the URL would be:
www.mysite.com/taxonomy/term/5?type=blog

This functionality is actually provided by node_type_filter.module
(http://drupal.org/project/node_type_filter). So the above URL will
work only if node_type_filter is installed on your site. In fact, it
will work WITHOUT taxonomy_browser, but then you have nothing to
generate the URLs for you.

I don't know how you would alias such a URL - you can only alias the
?q= part of a path (i.e. /taxonomy/term/5 in the above example),
whereas this path has a second part to it (the ?type= part) which
can't be aliased. But this at least shows that the filtering you're
looking for can be done. Aliasing is the next step after that, I
guess.