[drupal-devel] Fwd: history-table

Gerhard Killesreiter killesreiter at physik.uni-freiburg.de
Mon May 9 10:12:18 UTC 2005

On Mon, 9 May 2005, Adrian Rossouw wrote:

> On 09 May 2005, at 10:13 AM, Gerhard Killesreiter wrote:
> >
> > or do we only start to deliver
> > the page after _everything_ has been processed?).
> Bingo.

*bummer*

> There's only one print theme('page'); And at that point everything
> has already been processed. Except for perhaps the blocks, which get
> populated within theme_page()

Well, if the blocks would be processed seperately, that would be quite
some gain. I suppose that for some pages the blocks take up more
processing time than the main page.

The ideal place for updating the history table would be in hook_exit(),
but that would cause node.module to be loaded for cached pages.

Alternatively, we could move the call to hook_footer into
drupal_page_footer(). It does not seem to be used anywhere (added: the
copyright module uses it). BTW, I'd like to have a hook_header back to
avoid emitting extra CSS and JS in the _menu hook. I think I can rally
support for this. :)

Cheers,
	Gerhard