[drupal-devel] Cleaner Directory structure

K B kbahey at gmail.com
Mon May 9 13:47:23 UTC 2005

Yes.

And we ship files only under core, and under local just empty subdirectories.

This way, if the admins untar the tarball over what is there, we do
not overwrite what they did to their site, and he has to move the
.htaccess manually (or merge the changes manually). They now can
proceed to sort out whatever they did to local on their own. They put
stuff in it in the first place, and it is outside the responsibility
of the Drupal core team.