[drupal-devel] [feature] AJAX form_autocomplete() field

solon drupal-devel at drupal.org
Wed May 11 00:16:47 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      4.6.0
 Component:    base system
 Category:     feature requests

The error no longer shows, so that issue seems to be fixed (in Safari 2
anyway. As far as I can tell, this is the only browser that it occcured
in).

solon

Previous comments:

May 11, 2005 - 01:29 : Thox

As discussed on #drupal, I've created a patch to add an AJAX-based
form_autocomplete() field to the Drupal core.

The documentation of the autocomplete callback remains undocumented.
See http://drupal.org/node/22471 for more details.

May 11, 2005 - 05:18 : Thox

I've created a demonstration page that works in a number of different
browsers:

http://brandedthoughts.co.uk/node/62

May 11, 2005 - 06:50 : Dries

Works on Firefox @ MacOS.

May 11, 2005 - 09:14 : solon

Don't mean to throw a spanner in the works, but I get an error if the
request I type does not match any in the database/ file it is looking
through.
-- Begin Error --
JavaScript
An HTTP error undefined occured.
http://brandedthoughts.co.uk/recipe/ingredient/autocomplete
-- End Error --

Would it be best to have it display an ' informative' error message, or
stop trying to 'guess' if it definately can't find a match?

BTW: I am using Safari 2.0 Mac OsX (you don't say :P )