[drupal-devel] split mode

Karoly Negyesi karoly at negyesi.net
Fri May 13 08:15:01 UTC 2005

Hi!

The split.patch and split.php works on my devel box, and now it splits
(most) include files. As I do not use xmlrpc(s) it is possible that does
not work -- correct the includes in index.php then.

Yesterday we tried to test it on drupaldevs with Killes and he indicated
errors but the machine went dead. It is therefore possible that it does not
work with PHP5 -- I do not know.

If bootstrap patch gets in core, the split.patch will become a very small
patch.

I have one thing on my TODO list: write a drupal_eval.inc during split so
that it tokenizes the string to eval and loads appropriate includes on
demand. ATM it is possible that drupal_eval 'd things to do not work!

Please test and give feedback. If this works as expected, Dries will try it
on Drupal.org where -- I hope -- it will save a lot of resources.

Regards

NK