[drupal-devel] Docking Boxes.

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Mon May 16 18:24:12 UTC 2005

A couple thoughts.

+1 for not rolling our own JS library. It would be counterproductive
and there is already good work being done (SAJAX, prototype.js and
Dojo, my personal favorite simply because I know the main developer).
Drupal should focus on the backend stuff and integrate with someone
else's JS layer where possible.

+1 for accessibiIity. I wholly agree with Andrea that whatever we
provide needs to be accessible. This is a core value of the Dojo
project and I already have some ideas for "accessifying" the latest
Docking Box example.

Anyway, this is a good discussion and I wonder if anyone has opinions
about the various JS libraries that are out there, since now you know
my bias.

Chris