[drupal-devel] [feature] Order taxonomy_select_nodes

darius drupal-devel at drupal.org
Tue May 17 15:57:18 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    taxonomy.module
 Category:     feature requests

Looks like a nice and very minimal change to taxonomy.module that would
finally add some flexibility in displaying nodes. Since this does not
change any current functionality, it would be nice to see it committed
to the core, so that contributed modules could take advantage of this
change. I'm going to play around with this change, and maybe modify
taxonomy_context to use this.

Darius

darius

Previous comments:

April 20, 2005 - 18:24 : tostinni

A very simple patch to provide an (too ?) easy way to configure how
order selected nodes in a taxonomy_select_nodes call.

I think we could provide such way for each module that make a call to
this functions.

April 20, 2005 - 20:44 : nedjo

+1

I've long wished to get rid of the hard-coded sort order on nodes in
taxonomies.  This is similar to a patch I submitted nine months ago,
see http://drupal.org/node/10839 [1].  There I tried to provide an
interface for setting default sort orders.  While this proposal doesn't
do that, it opens the door--a bit plus.  This is the sort of simple
change that helps overcome lingering inflexibility of Drupal design,
and that merits quick application.
[1] http://drupal.org/node/10839

April 21, 2005 - 14:43 : tostinni

Well I remember seeing this patch, but when I posted this, I just forgot
about it, sorry.
Btw, my aim was just a little diferent because I didn't wanted to hack
too much the core, and I needed this feature to be used in
taxonomy_menu (in fact my approach may be included at taxonomy
level...) to provide a way to order taxonomies by vocabulary (I'd
prefer to see this kind of setting made a little more in detail, I mean
apply at term level (like my suggestion for ), but for the moment, it
pretty fits my needs).
So I just release a little patch [2] that update taxonomy_menu to use
this order, but the main question stay arround there, why don't apply
this to core and make a very flexible way to roder taxonomy ?
Let's dream, it would be included in 4.7 :D

[2] http://drupal.org/node/21031