[drupal-devel] [feature] List of bloggers

tostinni drupal-devel at drupal.org
Wed May 18 13:52:59 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    blog.module
 Category:     feature requests

I made a custom block for this, but it still need a little improvment
(add "read more" for example). So I don't know if it's usefull but if
anyone care :

<?php
$result = db_query("SELECT u.uid, u.name, COUNT(0) AS num FROM {node} n
LEFT JOIN {users} u ON u.uid = n.uid WHERE n.type = 'blog' GROUP BY
u.uid, u.name ORDER BY u.name ASC");
while ($blog = db_fetch_object($result)) {
     $output .= '<li />'.l($blog->name. ' ('.$blog->num.')',
'blog/'.$blog->uid);
}
return '<ul>'.$output.'</ul>';
?>

tostinni

Previous comments:

February 8, 2005 - 18:27 : Bèr Kessels

Small patch to show a list of bloggers. We all should know that
blog.module is not meant for personal blogging, but that set aside, we
do not have a way to show all bloggers, on a site as a list. This patch
ads a few lines that will allow you to show that overview of blogging
users. It ads a menu item, disabled by default that shows such a list.

February 8, 2005 - 18:31 : Bèr Kessels

Here is a small screeny that shows what this is about.

February 8, 2005 - 18:34 : Bèr Kessels

hmm. error in my png file. Here is a correct one.

February 19, 2005 - 15:13 : Emiliano

Hi Bèr Kessels!

Thanks for the patch! It's really useful! :-)

I just noticed what I think is a little mistake in this line:

$items[] = l($row->name, 'blog/'.$row->uid)." ".theme('xml_icon',
url('blog/'.$row->uid.'/feed'), TRUE);

Which I believe should end like:

$items[] = l($row->name, 'blog/'.$row->uid)." ".theme('xml_icon',
url*('blog/feed/'.$row->uid)*, TRUE);

Ah, and BTW,  "db_rewrite_sql" didn't work for me... I just cut it
off... ;-)

Cheers,
Emiliano.

March 17, 2005 - 17:17 : Bèr Kessels

and here is the actual patch. (i think i really need some script that
tells me i did not attach a patch ;) )

March 17, 2005 - 17:19 : Bèr Kessels

sigh. something tells me i should stop working.... a silly "F" sneaked
into the previous patch.

March 24, 2005 - 15:25 : Anonymous

I applied the patch, reuploaded the blog.module and then deactivated and
reactivated it. I cannot see a difference. How do I access the blog
users page?

Drupal 4.6rc

thanks for the help.

March 24, 2005 - 15:53 : Bèr Kessels

look in the menu admin.

May 18, 2005 - 08:38 : Bèr Kessels

Nearly two months since the patch. If there is no need for this I will
mark it won't fix.