[drupal-devel] drupal.css, again (still)

Bèr Kessels berdrupal at tiscali.be
Thu May 19 09:41:03 UTC 2005

Op donderdag 19 mei 2005 02:03, schreef Moshe Weitzman:
> cleaning up drupal.css is a separate task, which ought to be done.
> that takes more time though and more consensus building.

yes!

so can we move on and discuss what kind of things can be in drupal;css? I
already made a list on the bginning of the thread, but include it here again:

* No colours, nor background colours, unless they greatly enhance useability.
think of watchdog entries. But not tables, grey tables are nice, but should
be styled by the theme;
* No borders, paddings or margins, *unless* a page will break without them [1]
* No floats, breaks, displays, centres or other things that manipulate the
flow, *unless* a page will break without them. [2]
* No widths, unless they are *really*  needed to make floated elements appear
on the same line.

This is all still fuzzy, so please help to get this in more detail.

And then there is a new issue: module specific style.
Case: a personal blog.
Needs no book styles, yet these styles are sent to the clients. its not a lot
of BW, but still not needed, IMO; cold we not move the styles of core
contribs to misc/modulename.css ?
I know we actually might be best of to have modules live in their directories,
butbless someone actually writes a good script to do this in CVS and gets ppl
convinced to do that thats not going to happen. thus its out of scope for
this discussion IMO.

Regards,
 Bèr
--