[drupal-devel] drupal.css, again (still)

Chris Johnson chris at tinpixel.com
Thu May 19 17:57:37 UTC 2005

Bèr Kessels wrote:

> I know we actually might be best of to have modules live in their directories,
> but unless someone actually writes a good script to do this in CVS and gets
> ppl  convinced to apply or run that sctipt this not going to happen.

Something like this should work, from a CSH-ish command line:

# go to a checked CVS copy of HEAD and to the modules directory
% cd ~/drupal/modules
% foreach i (*.module)
%   set j=`basename $i .module`
%   mkdir $j
%   cvs add $j
% end
% cvs commit .

# go to the CVS repository root and the drupal repository therein
% cd $CVSROOT/drupal
% cd modules
# copy module files into new directories
% foreach i (*.module,v)
%   set dir=`basename $i .module,v`
%   cp $i $dir
% end

# back to the checked out copy
% cd ~/drupal/modules
# Remove old files
% foreach i (*.module)
%   rm $i
%   cvs remove $i
%   cvs commit $i
% end
# get the new files and remove the old version tags
% cvs update .
% foreach i (LIST OF TAGS, e.g. DRUPAL-4-5 DRUPAL-4-4 ...)
%   cvs tag -d $i .
% end

* Checking out old revisions works correctly as long as you use '-rTAG' and
not '-DDATE' to retrieve revisions.

* The log of changes is maintained intact.

* The revision numbers are not affected.

Disadvantage: you cannot easily see the history of the file across the
rename/move.

--
Chris Johnson