[drupal-devel] [feature] Make FactoryJoe happy -- overrideable drupal.css

Bèr Kessels drupal-devel at drupal.org
Thu May 19 19:27:49 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    theme system
 Category:     feature requests

Why can't factoryjoe override theme('stylesheet_import',
'misc/drupal.css'); ? Allright, it needs a little logic to pass all
other stylesheets, but not 'misc/drupal.css', but that is as hard as a
sinle if statement.
+1 on Making Chris happy. -1 on this patch :)

Bèr Kessels

Previous comments:

May 19, 2005 - 20:12 : chx

End the endless debates and provide a theme overrideable hook for
include misc/drupal.css. The idea (partially) comes from FactoryJoe.

May 19, 2005 - 20:19 : Thox

+1 for sure. Backwards compatible /and/ makes FactoryJoe happy.

May 19, 2005 - 20:23 : factoryjoe

Hey if it makes me happy, how can I not +1?

So this is the logic of this patch, to quell the whole drupal.css
controversy once and for all... Since themes can override themable
functions, I proposed doing something similarly drupally for the
drupal.css issue. Basically if a theme provides its own drupal.css, it
should use that to override the default. If the theme doesn't, then the
usual 'misc/drupal.css' file is linked.

CHX implemented this solution in 10 seconds and seems to accomplish
both protecting the backwards compatibility of themes that reply on
drupal.css while giving wacky themers like myself the ability to
override drupal.css completely.

Nice. +1.

May 19, 2005 - 20:27 : kbahey

+1.

Each side can have it their way.

Those who want drupal.css to stay can now focus the discussion on
improving it, and not "to be or not to be" arguments.