[drupal-devel] Licence issues using GPL'ed SquirrelMail code in mailhandler.module?

Mark Leicester mark.leicester at efurbishment.com
Sun May 22 12:22:18 UTC 2005

Hello all	,

I'm making improvements to the mailhandler (and fixing the
drupal_special_chars problem by replacing with check_plain).
SquirrelMail already implements a very thorough URL parser, attachment
handler, and mail re-wrapper. SquirrelMail is GNU GPL, so I'm wondering
if I can re-use that code rather than reinvent. What are the licence
implications? Do we simply need to credit the SquirrelMail project and
redistribute the licence intact?

Regards,
Mark