[drupal-devel] [task] theme_user_list is useless for advanced themeing. Patch changes that.

factoryjoe drupal-devel at drupal.org
Sun May 22 21:16:48 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      4.6.0
 Component:    theme system
 Category:     tasks

I will +1 if this simply means that the user array is passed on for
theming, which I think it does. In which case, this is consistent w/
nodes and comments, so I think it's good.

factoryjoe

Previous comments:

May 22, 2005 - 15:18 : Bèr Kessels

Since the function currently only receives a string of HTML there is no
way to add inormation to a user list.
You cannot do a user_load to add additional information, like the
avatar.
Pattern matching the UID from the url in the html is not an option,
since a username could be aliassed, thus in order to get the UID you
need a lot of quite heavy code.
This patch changes the passed argument into an array of user objects.
By default the objects need only to contain the name and UID.

This patch also cleans up the online user list block, which had some
inconsistent code.

After his patch you can have fancy users lists like on my development
ste: http://84.244.1.246

May 22, 2005 - 16:22 : Bèr Kessels

forgot status patch