[drupal-devel] creating drupal-doc teams

Christopher Taylor christ at bnmc.com
Mon May 23 17:33:26 UTC 2005

Market drupal for sale or as open source free software?
It is amazing how many niches we could target.
I.E.
clubs, government, real estate, mortgage, small business.
A multi media platform positioned to replace television and radio.
Gee, let us integrate VOIP and CRM, voice XML, accounting, and web casting.
Let us explore new and innovative ways of delivering content to the end user.
Cell phones, personal readers, Etc.
Did you know the concept of Open Source is not very widely understood in the business community?  People just don't have time to grasp the concept.

People have heard of Lynyx and the stories behind that saga.
But, many people still don't get it.
Do you think their IT staff is telling them?  Heck no!
It seems to be some type of trade secret.
Not once did one of my IT guys say:
"Hey, you know you can load a practically turnkey website right now and it won't cost you an arm and a leg.  It is not only a web site, but a platform you can  grow your business on for a long time.

If I had tried to get a bid on my project, it would run into the thousands of dollars!
Catch my drift?
It is phreaken amazing!

If I understood what this was all about ten years ago, I would be a wealthy man.
If only I realized that I could have built a practically free platform using voice xml five years ago.  All I would have needed is dialogic cards and a development platform from IBM.  And... it was free free free.
Sorry, I don't mean to make this all about business.  I am just envious of the folks who were ten years ahead of me.
And, I thought I new alot about computers.

So, what do you mean by marketing?
business or education?
I guess I still don't exactly understand how Open Source Software survives and flourishes.
I am awed.

Kind Regards,
Christopher Taylor
Business Development Manager