[drupal-devel] [feature] i18n - Adding language to nodes, taxonomy terms and vocabularies

Steven drupal-devel at drupal.org
Wed May 25 07:07:19 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    base system
 Category:     feature requests

char(2) is not sufficient for language codes. There are 3 letter codes
too, but also, you can add local variants (en-gb, nl-be).

I'm not sure we need this in core. Core already outputs a language
attribute in the <html> tag. This belongs in i18n.module in a separate
table.

Steven

Previous comments:

February 1, 2005 - 13:29 : Jose A Reyero

This one adds a simple language field to the following tables: node,
vocabulary, term_data

Includes a small patch for taxonomy module in order to add the new
fields to the list of fields to be inserted/updated.

This is not needed for node module, as the field can be introduced with
hook_nodeapi