[drupal-devel] TCPHP goes for Drupal

Dries Buytaert dries at buytaert.net
Sat May 28 06:41:56 UTC 2005

On 28 May 2005, at 01:39, Chris Johnson wrote:
> 1.  Memory usage.   Drupal quickly exceeds the default 8MB memory
> limit
> for PHP when a few modules are installed.  This is a problem with
> several solutions, and some work is already done. [2]

I have been thinking about profiling Drupal's memory consumption.
I'd like know where most memory is consumed.  Is there an easy way to
profile this?

> 3.  Improved support for load-balanced server farms and other large
> site load distribution technologies.  There is already a patch to
> support replicated databases.  [4][5]

You should talk to David (redLed).  He has a Drupal server farm of
about 10 machines.  He is not subscribed to the mailing-list but
usually hangs around in #drupal at FreeNode.

> 4.  Advocacy:  As we were generating our slides and talks, we found
> existing information somewhat disparate.  It would be great to have a
> forum or taxonomy where anybody could post existing presentations,
> training information and other "unofficial" advocacy resources.

Please add your presentation to the contributions repository
(contributions/docs/marketing/presentations) and extend http://
drupal.org/node/13188.  Help us grow the 'Marketing book' at drupal.org!

Thanks for advocating Drupal, Chris.  Looks like you've been very
convincing. :)