[drupal-devel] [drupal-infrastructure] Drupal.org cache statistics

Gerhard Killesreiter killesreiter at physik.uni-freiburg.de
Sun May 29 12:29:30 UTC 2005

On Sun, 29 May 2005, Karoly Negyesi wrote:

> > page, but that would render the whole approach useless. Back to the
> > drawing board.
>
> Once again: block caching is being worked on. Stay tuned.

I am not talking about block caching, but about invalidating page
caches for anonymous users, please read my mails. :)

The problem I am having is that your free php settings for block
visibility are only required to return TRUE or FALSE. That way an
external application (I started to write the cache invalidator as a
module) cannot determine on which pages the block should be shown if
that page isn't the current one.

Can we require <?php $block['pages'] ?> to return return an array of
paths where the block should be shown?

The format could be

array(TRUE => array('node/*'), FALSE => ('node/add/*'))

with a default of FALSE.

Cheers,
	Gerhard