[drupal-devel] [bug] menu error line 974 with MBstring

mark.stephens drupal-devel at drupal.org
Tue May 31 03:26:10 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
 Version:      cvs
 Component:    menu system
 Category:     bug reports

I was having this problem with a clean install of drupal 4.6.0. I had
mbstrings enabled in PHP. I turned it off, and the problem went away
immediately. Within mbstrings, I had:

mbstring.language = English
mbstring.internal_encoding = UTF-8
mbstring.http_output = auto
mbstring.func_overload = 7

PHP 4.3.11.

Mark

mark.stephens

Previous comments:

May 5, 2005 - 00:15 : hendler

Menu.inc on line 974

 the do {}while() causes an error if $parent is empty because strrpos,
(I have mbstring enabled) may be null
to fix my problem I have this if statement wrapping it, which I
understand is logically equivlent to just doing a while loop.

      if ($parent){
       do {
         $parent = substr($parent, 0, strrpos($parent, '/'));
       }
       while ($parent && !array_key_exists($parent, $_menu['path
      }

This happens just after a new install.

May 5, 2005 - 23:43 : Robin Monks

We apparently don't check if the object exists before we work on it.

Robin

May 6, 2005 - 09:43 : Dries

I wonder how I can reproduce this problem.  Maybe we are fixing the
symptom, not the cause.