node_import and forms - some questions (Was: [drupal-devel] Orphaning the node_import module)

Robrecht Jacques robrechtj at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 02:43:24 UTC 2005

2005/11/4, Bèr Kessels <ber at webschuur.com>:
> Op vrijdag 04 november 2005 12:25, schreef Dries Buytaert:
> > The answers should be covered in the existing form API documentation,
> > not put in yet another random book page (or collection of book pages).
>
> To me it is unclear how I can add comments or documetntation to these docs.

Maybe first find someone to answer things and the discuss where to put
those answers.

BTW, i'm confused: compare
http://drupal.org/node/36140
and
http://drupaldocs.org/api/head/file/contributions/docs/developer/topics/forms_api.html

Is form.inc so much in a state of flux that we shouldn't implement
anything yet?

The prototypes of the functions on the first page:
  function contact_mail_page_validate($form_id, &$form) {
  function contact_mail_page_execute($form_id, $edit) {
is significantly different from the ones on the "Quickstart" page:
  function test_page_validate($form_id, $form_values) {
  function test_page_execute($form_id, $form_values) {

The first set of prototypes could solve a lot of my questions. If only
someone could have let me know... :-(
I'll wait until 4.7 is released before I update any of my modules.
I've waisted enough time...

Robrecht