[drupal-devel] module and theme names

Chris Johnson chris at tinpixel.com
Tue Nov 8 18:01:20 UTC 2005

Adrian Rossouw wrote:

> Which is why i would prefer if we did away with themename_something  and
> just moved to template_something, and possibly even
> engine_something.
>
> All themes (.theme files even) would become inherently copy-able. The
> only thing we lose is not being able to load more
> than one at a time. I think we can do this, but we need to introduce
> meta-data first.

If I understand the above correctly, using template_something or
engine_something would prevent a site from having more than one theme enabled.
  Is that correct?  I'm not really sure I've got it right.

Assuming that is true, then this would be a problem for some of my sites, and
I would guess it would likewise be a problem for other sites, as well.

I often use a theme that looks really nice at the user level, but which breaks
horribly in the admin pages.  I then also enable blue marine for the site
admin, so that they can view the admin pages in a sane fashion.

I realize this is a hack of sorts to get around themes which don't handle
admin correctly, but there are more themes like this than there are not.

If I'm all wrong, feel free to ignore this message.  :-)

..chrisxj