[development] Re: [drupal-devel] mailman wrapper module

Gerhard Killesreiter gerhard at killesreiter.de
Wed Nov 9 15:29:37 UTC 2005

Peter John Hartman wrote:

> It can work however you want.  I recommend modifying /etc/sudoers
> and allowing the web user the ability to run as mailman the various
> CLI tools in the mailman/bin directory.  You can also just
> add the web user into the mailman group, but I suspect this
> is a touch dangerous.

Zhanks for explaining. I was afraid you'd say somethign like this. I
think the second solution would make the private mailman archives
non-private, but I am not sure.

> But, in general, all that business is messy-ness behind the scenes--
> and is just part and parcel of the mailman system.

True. Some people were hoping they could use this for just any mailman
install they woudl get from their hosting service. Boils down to the
fact that you need control over the server.

I am still interested in your solution, though.

Cheers,
    Gerhard