[development] Files on previews

Richard Archer drupal.org at juggernaut.com.au
Fri Nov 11 00:27:16 UTC 2005

At 1:12 AM +0100 11/11/05, Ber Kessels wrote:

>Why did we choose for the current method of writing all the exceptions for
>previews? Did I miss something important that renders my idea impossible?
>Should I take care of something else?

I'm not a files guru, but I'll offer a suggestion.

What happens if the user:

clicks "create new page"
attaches a file
clicks preview
goes and has a cup of coffee and their Windoze box crashes.

You're left with a file dangling in the file system which
should really be deleted, perhaps by a weekly cron.

But because you have now fully inserted this file into the
file system there's no easy way of telling if it's really
required or not.

 ...R.