[development] Re: [drupal-devel] Polls on drupal.org

Piotr Krukowiecki piotr at mallorn.ii.uj.edu.pl
Fri Nov 11 12:31:41 UTC 2005

On Fri, Nov 11, 2005 at 11:07:13AM +0100, Dries Buytaert wrote:

> >>anyone is against a poll like this?
> >>
> >>Q: What database do you use with drupal?
> >>A1: mysql only
> >>A2: postgresql only
> >>A3: both mysql and postgresql
> >>A4: some other (please name it in comments)
>
> What is the goal of this poll?  Getting information to do what ...?
> Anything you try to accomplish with the obtained information?

Mainly I want to know how many people use postgresql... Do I write
patches for only 10 people? 100? How many?
What share of drupal users use postgres as a database? 5%? Maybe 20%?
If a problem arises that migh be impossibile to solve without favouring
one database system (the db_query_temporary() issue...) can I defend
"my" database firmly? I'm a very honest person and if 95% of drupal
users use mysql only I'd have moral problems with imposing things that
would inconvenience them ;)

If this poll gets published, will only registered drupal.org users be
able to vote, or anonymous users too? I'd prefer the second option, as I
don't believe people would try to cheat.

--
Piotrek
irc: #debian.pl