[development] FYI more drupal.css stuff

Ber Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Sun Nov 13 15:20:35 UTC 2005

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 15:48:03 +0100
piotr at mallorn.ii.uj.edu.pl (Piotr Krukowiecki) wrote:
> Can we have some concrete numbers? How many KB is drupal.css and how

I dont have any, unfortunately. I only use webalizer in various different configurations. Just some common sense brought me the conclusion that it is my 5th biggest BW eater. Reason is:
* it is available on most sites. (logo.png is different on every site, though the combined logos eat much more bw. pngcrush already helped reducing BW a lot!)
* it is called on every page. While the BW for serving content of every page differs per page.
* some my themes are so lightweight, that drupal.css is larger then the HTML+style.css *together*.

I not proposing to do this for core, merely asking how interested people are in this. I am only giving this info, for others that might be interested. And for those who might want to work on drupal.css in future to consider. Too much has been said about that drupal.css already :p.

--
            Bèr Kessels                          Drupal services
            bler.webschuur.com                   www.webschuur.com
            ber at jabber.webschuur.com