[development] subversion

James Walker walkah at walkah.net
Wed Nov 16 03:17:20 UTC 2005

On 11/15/05 9:07 PM, Chris Messina wrote:
> So we're going to use SVN for managing our website and Drupal on our
> end, but for browser development, we're using something other than
> SVN.

okaaay.. so all those of us developing browsers should have a look at
mercurial. i'm picking on you, but we're talking about a much larger
development community than flock's (where it's mostly flock inc. + a few
EFA's).

Things like good support on all platforms, and integrations in popular
IDE's etc are pretty crucial to adoption.

I'm not particularly wedded to any SCM system... but right now, I think
there are bigger things to worry about in the community than version
control systems. I like SVN because it fixes some of CVS's
braindeadedness without working too much differently.

James Walker :: http://walkah.net/ :: xmpp:walkah at walkah.net