[development] that admin theme (from money/ work point of view), call for arms?

Robert Douglass rob at robshouse.net
Mon Nov 21 10:30:33 UTC 2005

Bèr Kessels wrote:

> Here is my plan:
>  * get the amin part out of civicspace (Robert Douglas, did you not already do
> this?)

There are now two page.tpl.php files inside of the CivicSpace theme, the
normal one and page_admin.tpl.php.

I'm not sure this will be a terrible lot of help to you as the CS theme
is a monster unto itself.

However, instead of switching themes (which I don't like at all), you
should consider using the _phptemplate_variables function in
template.php. PHPTemplate comes with the little publicized but built-in
ability to work with as many versions of any given file as you care to
make. To avoid the baggage of maintaining multiple themes (bad), you can
switch like this:

     // Set admin theme
     if (civicspace_is_admin()) {
     	$vars['template_file'] = 'page_admin';
     }

This is a much better way than switching themes, imo.

cheers
Robert