[development] that admin theme (from money/ work point of view), call for arms?

Adrian Simmons adrinux at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 21:34:58 UTC 2005

Bèr Kessels wrote:
> It shortens the themeing, or design of a site with over 750%.
That's because you only made a quarter of a theme =P

> That is an afternoon vs a week!
That is something of a point though...

But I still think separate admin/editor themes are bad for usability, even if
they fix current usability problems caused by layout issues. Swings,
roundabouts, all that.

> And yes, I beleive it reduces usability,
Damn, I should read ahead before commenting.

> Anyone who wats to jump on this boat
Sounds like Adrian once again has the boat planned, if not built.

I suspect the best solution in usability terms would be something more like a
desktop application, with pop-ups (maybe iframes) and all sorts of other stuff
when you want to edit or make admin changes, but with current technologies doing
that sort of stuff means supporting a narrow set of browsers.

--
adrinux (aka Adrian Simmons) <http://adrinux.perlucida.com>
e-mail <mailto:adrinux at gmail.com>
AOL/Yahoo IM: perlucida, Microsoft: adrian at perlucida.com