[bcc][faked-from] Re: [development] i want to know how to add friend web link in drupal

Mark Fredrickson mfredrickson at ppmns.org
Tue Nov 22 20:14:52 UTC 2005

I replied to the original poster off-list, but I thought I'd just do a quick
repeat:

I suspect he/she is using buddylist.module. The way to add individuals to a
buddylist is not especially obvious at first (I think the only way is to
show a node in page view and have the buddylist block enabled. Oh, and you
can do it from profile pages too, I think).

I agree that the current method is a little obscure. I think a better way
would be to have the 'add buddy' text appear after every name (authors,
frequent posters, etc).

I have a feature patch at:
http://drupal.org/node/33373

It's waiting for an update to l() before I recode it to provide the
functionality using l().

Mark Fredrickson
E-Advocacy Manager
Planned Parenthood Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota
1200 Lagoon Ave.
Minneapolis, MN 55408
Ph: 612.821.6154
Fax: 612.825.3522